Interested in Joining SilverSat?
This project is for youth that want to really pursue the stretch goal, and who learn by trying things beyond the normal middle school and high school experience. The project is a collaborative effort between the participants, their families, and the project mentors. In making SilverSat a reality, members need to learn and use new skills in mechanical engineering, electronics, computer programming and math.
Not every participant needs to be a tech whiz, or even particularly interested in a technical discipline. Like every other engineering project, SilverSat will need participants to learn and do project organization, management, fundraising, and public outreach.
SilverSat is looking for interested tweens and teens who are:
- Self-motivated problem solvers who are collaborative and flexible
- Interested in participating a hands-on real-world engineering challenge
- Willing to learn new things about electronics, coding, building/testing, and working with Arduinos/Raspberry Pi on their own
- Committed to attend weekly online meetings (until we resume weekly in-person meetings when it’s safe to do so)
- Able to conduct outreach to share what we’re doing with those in our community
If SilverSat sounds like a good project for someone you know, fill out the application below and email us to expedite the process.